• Tuesday 24 January 2017

    Schwarzkopf Blondme Filming Day

    Ever since I saw Kayleigh Johnson (from Couture Girl) and Leanne Lim Walker take part in the Schwarzkopf #LIVELookbook last year (you may recognise them both from the Schwarzkopf TV advert), it has been a goal of mine to work with this brand. Not only did the filming day look ever so fun, but they made Kayleigh's and Leanne's hair look incredible. So this year I was ever so excited to get the email to take part in Schwarzkopf's Professional #Blondme campaign! Ever since I went back to fully brunette I kind of regretted it, I really missed my ombre (especially when I went to the Caribbean over Christmas). So I was excited to get my ombre back... but with a slight twist.

    So Josie from the Fashion Mumblr and I went to Spring Studios in London where we were excited to get our new hair dos. The studios were incredible; huge empty spaces, creaky wooden floors, with a buzzing atmosphere (I felt like I was just about to go live on This Morning). First of all we filmed our consultations and I was fortunate enough to get Scotland's Best Hairdressing Duo working on me- I don't think my hair has ever been so pampered. Instead of going for a traditional ombre colour, we decided to go for Rose Gold with beautiful caramel tones. Now this is a colour that I would never think to have myself, but I was totally up for a change (after all, rose gold is my favourite colour)

    Ok so it was time for the transformation. First of all they parted my hair into little buns in order to section off the hair. Now most of you will know that I wear hair extensions and dying them can be problem. However as mine are Great Lengths (which is considered to be the best hair on the market) they were totally fine to dye, we had no problem. If you ever get your hair dyed lighter or if you are wearing extensions, always be honest with what's in your hair (you don't want your blonde locks going a completely different colour).

    Now admittedly the whole process wasn't a quick one one- which I was glad about because good ombre takes time. Two tones of bleach went into my hair (cool ice and rose gold I believe) and I have never seen two professionals colour the way they did, it was just so thorough! After washing the colour out and applying a peach toner, it was time to style my locks.

    So the style we went for was quite a dramatic one. Firstly my hair was curled, backcombed, and brushed in order to create this 'va va voom' look. As my newly rose gold hair made my blue eyes pop, we went for a brown smokey eye with a nude lip in order to compliment the overall look. The hair, makeup, and outfit combined for some reason made me look ultra brown- bronze goddess I think I called it.

    Overall I was so happy with my hair, I honestly claim that my hair has never looked so good in my life. After lightening hair you would expect the hair to feel a little dry, but due to the new Bonding Technology which transforms damaged and broken hair, my hair hasn't felt thirsty once. I am going to talk more about the new Schwarzkopf Blondme range and the new Bonding Technology in a future blog post so stay tuned for that!

    Above: Josie from The Fashion Mumblr and I
    Before
    After
    What do you make of my new hair transformation?
    Much Love
    Eltoria x

    Eltoria- South West Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blogger and South West YouTuber
    Be sure to check out my recent YouTube videos (click here)


    Share:
    © Eltoria | All rights reserved.
    Designed by Eltoria | Built by pipdig.co