• Tuesday 11 August 2015

    Smashbox Eyeshadow Palettes

    I am not sure if this is entirely healthy but it seems that I have developed an addiction for eyeshadow palettes (well not healthy for my bank balance anyway). Not only have I been collecting my beloved Urban Decay and MAC palettes, but I have found a new hidden love for Smashbox. Smashbox I would consider to be a high end brand when it comes to makeup because the quality of their products are the same as brands like MAC (and I need to add that they are in fact slightly cheaper!). Whilst shopping for some presents in my local outlet, these gorgeous palettes grabbed my eye and I ended up purchasing them for myself (whoops). I have been trying to find a decent pink toned palette for a while now and I am so happy that I managed to get this Cherry Smoke palette for just £12.00I know what a steal! I like that the pink tones in this palette aren't garish, nor are they a sickly baby pink colour that reminds me of a eyeshadow that I used to wear when I was ten (cummon' we all used to do it). As I also got a few things for my friends as presents, and consequently spent over a certain amount of money, they threw in this Santigolden Age Eye Shadow Collage palette for free! Smashbox you made me one very happy beauty blogger that day.

    If life is a bowl of cherries, your eyes ought to get in on the fun hey? What I particularly love about this palette is its deep cherry tones and hazy hues which makes any berry eye from this palette look ever so seductive. What's ideal is that you can mix and match these colours in any way that you like; I usually like to use a lighter shade on my inner eyelid and then get darker towards the outer lid (I usually use three colours and apply the most colourful in the middle). Whilst the key is to blend blend blend, you can also create some really gorgeous pink smokey eyes by using the rustic, dark cocoa and ebony shades in the palette- you'll look red hot like a fully ripe cherry (ooh see what I did there). I am going to be doing some YouTube tutorials on how to do certain looks so please drop your suggestions below (click here to check out my channel). Nevertheless, check out my wonderful swatches:

    Above: swatches from the Cherry Smoke Palette
    In my opinion I reckon that you are either going to love or hate this palette, I mean, the gold is rather gold and the blue is rather blue but nevertheless, I love it (do you?). The blue and gold in this palette is ever so pigmented which makes it two of the best colours to use throughout August- talk about glamorous mermaid eyes. You also have the option to add extra sparkle onto your eyes by using the twinkling nude and grey colours, and you can also base your water line with this black charcoal shade to create a dramatic look (ooh la la). I think that this palette is a all year round one, and I particularly cannot wait to wear this gold around Christmas time (did I just say Christmas?). Overall I am very happy with my little freebie palette (it's apparently worth £25.00 too!).

    Above: swatches from the Santigolden Age Eye Shadow Collage Palette
    Do you have a favourite eyeshadow palette at the moment? Do you like the colours you see above?
    Much Love
    Eltoria x

    INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' |YOUTUBE| GOOGLE
    New HTML: You can now find me at http://eltoria.com

    Share:
    © Eltoria | All rights reserved.
    Designed by Eltoria | Built by pipdig.co