• Thursday 4 February 2016

    New CID Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow, Powder & Angled Eyeshadow Brush

    If I am completely honest with you, I hadn't heard of the brand New CID until I discovered that they were established out of a hair, makeover and photography salon which ironically, I had attended a photo session there a number of years ago. Formally known as New ID Studios, I would have to say that their hair and makeover part of the experience was on point, but I wouldn't say the same for the photography part (talk about being rushed and being charged extortionate prices for them). So I am glad to see that the brand have now reinvented their image to fit into a market that they are good at. So when I was given the opportunity to give their make up products a go, I decided to try out their Long Wear Cream Eyeshadow, the Chrome Powder Brush and the Chrome Angled Eyeshadow Brush.

    Above: Moss Cream Eyeshadow £14.50
    Now I haven't worn a cream eyeshadow for a number of years now, so it was really nice to be reintroduced to them again (and hopefully re-light that flame). Cream eyeshadows can be a pain to work with as they are hard to blend and can often crease. However, they are able to give off a sheer finish with a great colour intensity, and they are less messy than a powder. As I have have had an obsession with the colour khaki green recently, it was no surprise that I chose this gorgeous Moss colour. As you can see from the pictures (above/below) the pigmentation of the eyeshadow is simply stunning and the finish is quite dewy. It it is best to apply a eye primer before applying any cream eyeshadow, and using a synthetic brush will ensure that the product doesn't get soaked up in the bristles (alternatively you can just use your fingers). I personally was left extremely impressed with this product and will definitely will be using it again.


    Tip: you can also use cream eyeshadows as an eyeliner

    Now before we go into the 'ins and outs' of these brushes there's one thing we must do first... admire their beauty, because these two makeup brushes are pretty darn fine. The bristles of them are synthetic, so technically not the best sort of brushes for powders, but they nevertheless do a stunning job because the synthetic fibres have been tempered to pick up powders. Now I know that it isn't probably just me, but do any of you do a 'how soft' test? Because these brushes would definitely get an A*.  The Chrome Powder Brush has been designed to simplify applying powders, and the Chrome Angled Eyeshadow Brush is so accurate that it makes applying fine lines a lot easier. What the perfect pair!

    Have you tried out any of CID's products before? Would you use cream eyeshadows?
    Much Love
    Eltoria x 

    Don't forget to check out some of my new YouTube Videos

    Eltoria- South West Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blogger and South West YouTuber

    Share:
    © Eltoria | All rights reserved.
    Designed by Eltoria | Built by pipdig.co