• Sunday 22 February 2015

    How to Contour & Highlight

    As I've already mentioned twice this week, I promised you guys a contouring and highlighting video and now it's finally here! Contouring and highlighting is the perfect way to enhance your your facial features whilst creating a 3D effect and Hollywood finish. I tend to contour my face on a daily basis but I love to add in a highlighter to create the perfect 'night out' makeup look. You can just use liquids for contouring and highlighting if you want to but make sure that the contour is at least 4/5 shades darker than your natural skin tone (tip: you can pick up an affordable foundation from the drug store). Or if you are like me and don't like using too much liquids on your face, you can use a powdered contour but make sure that this is the last thing that touches your face as liquids after powders can cause the products to separate and inevitably look cakey. Although I would consider the above to be one of the most important tips to contouring there are however many more. You can check out those other tips and how to contour your face by watching my video below (or click here). It is up to you what products you would like to use but below I have listed the ones that I like to use:

    ♥ Real Techniques Stippling Brush
    ♥ Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush
    ♥ Real Techniques Contouring Brush
    ♥ Real Techniques Expert Face Brush
    ♥ Sheer Cover Angled Brush
    ♥ MAC Pro Longwear Foundation in N18
    ♥ MAC Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden
    ♥ MAC Prep+Prime Highlighter in Light Boost

    Above: click the thumbnail (or here) to watch my step by step guide on how to contour (and it is so so easy). Below: I have created many contoured looks on Instagram so be sure to go and check them out. It is amazing how a contoured finish can really change the shape and dimension to you face. Love, love, love!

    Will you be trying out a contoured and highlighted look?
    Much Love
    Eltoria x

    INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BLOGLOVIN' |YOUTUBE| GOOGLE

    New HTML: You can now find me at http://eltoria.com

    Share:
    © Eltoria | All rights reserved.
    Designed by Eltoria | Built by pipdig.co