• Tuesday 12 April 2016

    Current Favourite Hair Care Strengthening Products

    Above: current condition of my hair after using the below listed products from two weeks to three months
    Not only do I have my own hair to take care of, but ensuring that my Lily May Hair cold fusion extensions are kept in 'tip top' condition can be rather tricky (check out my Lily May Hair post here). Not only is it important to keep my hair tangle free, but it is also key to use the right products that can help maintain moisture and strength whilst avoiding a greasy root. Now a lot of you will know that I am a major fan of natural products purely because they are much healthier for your hair. Natural hair products tend to avoid using sulphates, silicones and parabens which as a result makes hair grow much stronger (hence why I just love Rehab shampoo from LUSH so much). Recently I have been trying out a bunch of new hair strengthening products/techniques which I have found to work really well. So from shampoo to protein sprays, let's jump straight into a hair strengthening session... ooh yeah!

    Above: Check out my Lily May Hair Extensions post by clicking on the thumbnail above
    Whilst Rehab from LUSH happens to be one of my favourite hair shampoos of all time, I have more recently been trying out the Volume & Shine range by Natural World. All three products are free from parabens, phosphates, dyes and gluten which makes this little trio right up my street. I have been using these products for over two weeks now and I have to say that I am extremely impressed with them. Both the shampoo and conditioner smell extremely fresh and the effects from the China Seed Oil left my hair feeling healthy and silky soft. Like many of us, before I try anything new in my hair, I always worry that it is going to leave my locks looking and feeling extremely greasy. But I was pleasantly surprised when this combination added additional lift to the root without making my hair look like it had a raunchy date with a bottle of olive oil- I even started to wash my hair every three days instead of every other day! Result. The Anti-gravity Oil for Fine Hair on the other hand is an amazing 'quick fix' product if your hair is misbehaving. Whilst it may tame frizzy locks, it also helps to strengthen hair by locking in moisture.

    Above: left conditioner, right shampoo
    Some of you will remember that when I went to London Fashion Week back in February (post here), Toni & Guy completely pampered my twin sister and I with haircuts and blow drys (I know lucky us!). After the show we were handed a goodie bag each containing some of the official London Fashion Week hair care products by Label.M. Inside the box were two sprays, one being a Protein Spray and the other a Shine Spray, and I am beyond obsessed with them! Not only do both products have that gorgeous salon smell, but they both work in a harmonious relationship with one another that is the remedy for any parched cuticle. Whist the Protein Spray does all of the strengthening work, the Shine Spray is able to lift dull looking hair by creating the illusion that it is actually healthy (pretty clever ey). These products are my ultimate 'go to' hair care products this Spring and I strongly advise each and every one of you to try them!

    With my hair feeling like a million dollars when I left the Toni & Guy pop up salon in London, I felt inspired to buy this Nourish Reconstruction Hair Mask. Now looking at the ingredients it doesn't look 'all that natural', but to make my hair feel as good as it did then, I was willing to give it a go. I have been using this mask for a number of weeks now (applying it after every time I had curled/straightened my hair) and it really does leave my hair feeling nourished. Now I need to be honest with you all because I wouldn't say that it is the best mask that I have ever used, but it certainly does fall within my top five. Be sure to check out my Drugstore Hair Conditioning Mask post by clicking here to find out my favourite.

    To finish off, it is always important to protect your hair from heat whilst using straightening irons, curlers and even hairdryers. TRESemme Heat Defence Spray has been a long time favourite of mine and I find that it lasts for a very long time. It can give you up to 230 degrees protection against heat damage and it also helps to seal in shine too. Some of you are probably thinking one thing, why have you included Batiste Dry Shampoo in this post? Well my little beauty fanatics, using dry shampoo is a great tool to prevent washing your hair too often because your own natural oil happens to be the best strengthening oil that you can find (and it's free too). So prolong washing your hair by popping in some dry shampoo.

    Do you know of any good hair strengthening products? What do you use? Let me know in the comments.
    Much Love
    Eltoria x

    Don't forget to check out some of my new YouTube Videos

    Eltoria- South West Beauty, Fashion and Lifestyle Blogger and South West YouTuber
    Share:
    © Eltoria | All rights reserved.
    Designed by Eltoria | Built by pipdig.co