• Monday 13 October 2014

    The Black Swan| Elf Makeup

    With Halloween just around the corner, I seriously needed to practice my Black Swan look. In collaboration with elf Cosmetics, I would say that elf makeup is a serious winner over face paint when it comes to creating this look. Not only does elf make up have many more uses than face paint in every day life, but it is also much more affordable. Have you seen the price of a good face paint these days? The Cream Eye Liner was an absolute dream to work with, it applied ever so easily on my face without smudging. Unlike face paint, the pigment was ever so dark so I didn't have to go back over it for a second time. I also loved the colour and collaboration of the Lip Stain and the Mineral Lipstick in Rich Raspberry. Not only will I wear it on Halloween but I will be wearing it as a everyday lipstick too (it's such a gorgeous berry colour!). The 100 Piece Eye Shadow Palette is also a beauty blogger's dream- the range of colours are absolutely amazing. From bright warm autumn colours to sultry smokey colours, you will be able to create any look with this palette. Check out below my four steps as to how you can create the Black Swan look using elf makeup:

    Step 1: Use a white face paint to apply a white foundation base.
    Step 2: Using the Cream Eye Liner on my Real Techniques Accent brush and Fine Liner brush, I created a thick black line under my eye and then drew upwards using my eyebrows as a guidance. I then flicked out to create the edge of the wing, and then brought it back down towards the end of my water line. I then created the 'feathers' by creating random half circles in the centre area. I left it to dry for a good few minutes before applying silver/grey eye shadow from the 100 Piece Eye Shadow Palette to create a smokier effect. As an added bonus, I drew black (almost claw like) lines from my tear duct down. I thought that this made my eyes a little more Halloween like.
    Step 3: Using the Lip Stain, I lined my lips before applying the lipstick. This almost looks quite 'ombre', so leaving it like this would be fine if you like it lighter.
    Step 4: To finish, apply the Mineral Lipstick in colour Rich Raspberry to create a darker effect. Then using a dark eye shadow from the 100 Piece Eye Shadow Palette (I used a dark grey), contour in your cheek bones (smudging it in with your finger tips) to add definition.

    Don't worry I'll show you my complete outfit after Halloween! You can also check out my other Halloween looks by clicking here.

    Will you be going out as the Black Swan this Halloween?
    Much Love
    Eltoria x


    Keep your eyes pealed- new blog prize give away coming soon!

    Share:
    © Eltoria | All rights reserved.
    Designed by Eltoria | Built by pipdig.co